Medical Entrance Exams:
All of us have heard about Medical courses opted by the maximum numbers of students in their higher classes. Medical course is related to science or practice of medicine which includes setting up the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention of disease. We can define Medical Science as the branch of science which is related to the diagnosis of disease, its treatment and the prevention of diseases. We can also say medical science is the science dealing with the conservation of health and preventing health from various kind of diseases and treating the disease. In medical Science if hard work is done in a proper manner any student can make its career very bright in this particular field.
History of Medicine:
History of medicine includes an immense and very multiplex science. In simple language we can say that medicine is an explanatory and comparable role in our history. The history of medicine have both positive and negative understandings. As we all can see that the history of medicine tells us how our societies have modified their proposal to illness and diseases since the ancient times to the present time. In ancient time many medical traditions are followed by the ancient people. Early medical traditions includes Babylon, China, Egypt and India. During that time Indians introduced the idea of medical diagnosis, expected duration of illness and advanced medical ethics. The Hippocratic Oath in the 5th Century BCE, is an direct innovation for oaths of office that many physicians, medical doctors, medical practitioners swear upon their entry into this profession. In middle ages, surgical practices received from their ancient teachers were developed or elaborated. One of the example of this developing era of medical science is an invention of microscope which was result of developed understanding during the period of European history. During 19th Century public health measures were developed. Military doctors promoted the methods of trauma treatment and surgery. During the 20th Century medical science was purely professionalized and new career opportunities were opened for both men and women.
Courses under Medical Science:
After 12th standard there are variety of courses under medical science which the students can go for. The health care industry or economy is considered as one of the largest leading and fastest growing industry of the country. Students having Biology as the main subjectin their higher classes can start their thorough and careful preparation to follow medical education from the starting. In medical NEET, AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS are considered asa the most popular entrance examination for the admission to undergraduate courses after completing the school board. Many of the students having boilogy as their main subject frequently commits themselves with the study for MBBS and BDS education. Apart from the above mentioned leading courses there are plenty of other courses available with medical science. As NEET, AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS entrance exams are conducted at nataional level rather than NEET thare are plenty of courses available without clearing NEET entrance exam.
Medical Courses without NEET:
- Bachelor’s of Occupational Therapists: If people of all ages if want to live a better and statisfied life the occupational therapist can help them by helping to control physical as well as mental ilness or any kind of injury. The occupational therapist can help people by the use of exercise, functional trainings, environmental restructuring, etc. using all these as their reahbilitation tools.
Duration : Duration of this course is 4.5 years.
Eligibility: Students must have passed class 12th with Biology as the main subject.
- Bachelor’s of Biotechnologist: A biotechnologist combine the knowlegde of Biology and Technology to develop products and procedure which aims to improve the universal standard of the life. Biotechnologist may include study of genetic manipulation in micro-organisms, etc. A bio-technologists can do work on variety of research fields like agriculture, Pharma, food, genomics, chemistry, etc.
Duration: Duration of this course is 3 years
Eligibility: Students may have either biology or math as the main subject studied in class 12th.
- Bachelor’s of Technology in Biomedical Engineering: A biomedical engineer study about the interchange of medicine with the technology so that he can understand the basic cause of disease and can develop the solution for that particular disease. These days biomedical engineers can be considered as vast growing field. A biomedical engineer can join research labs related to his field also can collaborate with various doctors as well as scientists to use their skills in building strong technology.
Duration: Duration of this course is 4 years.
Eligibility: Student may have either biology or math as one of the main subject studied in class 12th.
- Microbiologist (non-clinical): A person who wants to be microbiologist have to study about microscopic organisms which are present in various substances around us like soil, food, water, plants and human. Microbiologist makes sure that we live in a safe environment and the food we eat is also safe. Microbiologist can go for government jobs and can work as safety officer for applicable departments.
Duration: Duration of this course is 3 years.
Eligibility: Students must have passed class 12th with biology as the main subject.
- Cardiovascular Technologist: The work of a cardiovascular technologist is to diagnose and treatment of heart and blood vessel ailments. They execute tests, ultrasounds and other cardiovascular methods on patients, go through their fields and keep a regular check over them. These technologists can work in hospitals as well as clinics where a medical doctor must be present.
Duration: Duration of this course is 4 years.
Eligibility: Students must have passed class 12th with Biology as one of the main subject.
Likewise, there are various other courses which a student can go through without giving NEET entrance exam and the choice of course depends on the interest developed in the students.
Medical courses with NEET Entrance Exam:
There are various courses available which a student can persue by giving an entrance exam of NEET. Here are list of some common courses which can be opted by giving NEET entrance exam.
- Bachelor’s of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery:
Bachelor’s of Medicine, Bachelor’s of Surgery is considered as the most leading graduate level degree in the field of medical science of becoming doctor. As the name of the degree indicates this degree is a combination of two professional degrees in medicine and surgery which can either offered by the government or else by the orivate college available in the country.
Duration: Duration of this degree is of 5 years including Basic, Pre and Para medical subjects. During the period of 5 years, the student must have to complete one year mandatory rotatory internship.
Eligibility: The basic eligibility for MBBS is student must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects.
- Bachelor’s of Dental Surgery (BDS):
Bachelor’s of dental surgery also known as BDS is also the course offered through NEET entrance exam. The BDS study in India is being modulate by Dental Coumcil of India (DCI).
Duration: Duration of this degree is also of 5 years. During the period of 5 years, again one year mandatory internship has to be done by the students.
Eligibility: Likewise MBBS student must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects.
- Bachelor’s of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS):
Bachelor’s of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery is a study of Ayurvedic Medicine which is mostly preferred by the students of class 12th after the completion of school board. BAMS is an executive medical course which the student can opt by clearing the NEET entrance exam.
Duration: Duration of BAMS degree is of 5 and a half year of study including one year mandatory internship.
Eligibility: The eligibility for BAMS degree is the student must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects.
Career options: career options related to BAMS is that the apllicant of BAMS can continue general practice or can appear for M.D. Ayurveda. Also there are many possibilities or opportunities to work under healthcare administration and also can work with the hospitals.
- Bachelor’s of Homopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS):
Bachelor of Homopathic Medicine and Surgery is also one more option which a student after clearing 12th class can go for. BHMS is a graduate degree in Homopathy. With the help of this degree student can opt for any particular specialization like Homeopathic Pharmacy, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Skin Specialist, etc.
Duration: Duration of BHMS is 5 and a halg year with one year mandatory internship.
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subject.
Career Options: With BHMS most of the students can work with multi-professional companies or else can open their own clinic according to their interest developed.
- Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy B.Pth or BPT:
B.Pth or BPT is a graduate educational course available for 12th class students with biology as their main subject known for Physiotherapy.
Duration: Duration of B.Pth or BPT is 4 and a half year in which 6 months of mandatory clinical internship is required.
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects.
Career Options: The candidates completed B.Pth or BPT can get employment in various fields such as hospitals, health institutions, clinics, fitness centre, etc, as a physiotherapists.
Important Date for Medical Entrance Exam 2019:
|Medical Entrance Exam Date 2019|
|MBBS Entrance Exam||Start Date to Online Application||Last Date to Apply Online||Written Exam Date||Result Date|
|NEET UG 2019||1st November 2018||30th November 2018||5th May 2019||5th June 2019|
|AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2019||30th November 2018||3rd January 2019||25th May 2019 & 26th May 2019||Jun-19|
|JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2019||6th March 2019||12th April 2019||2nd June 2019||To be announced Later|
Also there are some more recommendations of he courses the student can go through by clearing NEET entrance exam:
- Bachelor’s of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor’s od Naturopathy and Yoga (BNYS)
- Bachelor’s of Veterinary Science (B. Vsc)
- Bachelor’s of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
As we all know clearing NEET, AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS is not an easy task. For clearing these entrance exam the student have to create interest in them and also have to do hard-work. Here are some tips which a student can follow to get desired results.
- Plan Your Study: If a student want to create interest in them for the studies they must have to plan their study according to the suitable time and interest.
- Set Goals: As we all know without any goal we cannot get any path so if a student want to make a bright career he/she must have to set goals in their life, so that they can follow them to get the desired results.
- Fing Your Quiet Place: Many people can only focus on their studies only by finfing the place which is quite suitable for them to create interest for studying in them.
- Taking Frequent breaks: Continue studying can create a lot of burden in the mind which can distract the student from their studies. So for keeping the interest for longer period of time one should add time breaks in their studies.
- Do the Hard Stuff First: One of the simplest way to get the desired results one should start with the hard topics first so that they can practice it more than wasting their time on easier topics which the student is already familiar to.