AFCAT admit card , books , syllabus and much more !
Afcat 2 is known for dignity and pride it gives to the candidate . Getting selected in air force and serving our nation is dream of many . lets get onto certain points about afcat and help these dream to get true . AFCAT is conducted twice in a year basically in the month of February and August . Forms are released in month of June and December . Indian Air force invites candidate to serve nation by applying for this exam as Group A Gazetted officer in flying branch and ground duty post (Technical and non technical duties ) . Now lets see about the branch and its details
Afcat 2 admit card :
Once the registration is done , after stipulated time , admit cards get available on official website . Candidate needs to go on official website of air force in order to download admit card . Candidate receive admit card directly to their registered mail id before three weeks of the examination . if candidate does not receive admit card in their mail id , he / she can download it via official website by following the steps given below .
Steps to be followed to download afcat 2 admit cared are :
- Go to official website of Air Force which is afcat.cdac.in .
- Log in by entering your mail id and password .
- In your login page , you will get option of download your admit card .
- Click on download your admit card option .
- Admit card will be downloaded .
Admit card will have information regarding the slot ,venue and time of exam . candidate need to have hard copy of the same . admit card wont be sent by post . it has to be downloaded online . During examination , candidate need to carry original voter id card along with admit card .
Paper Pattern of afcat 2 exam :
Afcat 2 basically has common online exam for both flying branch and Ground duty ( Technical and non technical ) .
|Exam||Subject name||Duration||No.of questions||Marks allotted|
|AFCAT 2||GeneralAwareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||2 hr||100||300 marks|
Science and Electrical &
|45 min||50||150 marks|
For common online exam of afcat, candidate will be granted 3 marks whereas for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted . for every unattended question no marks will be deducted . Cut off marks are decided by air force accordingly . candidate gets mail if they are shortlisted for common online exam .
EKT exam is only for Ground duty technical branch . it has subject like Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical &Electronics which is conducted for 45 min and have 50 questions with 150 marks .
Syllabus for Afcat exam :
|1. English||Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion / Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases.|
|2. General awareness||History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.|
|3. Numerical Ability||Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)|
|4. Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Verbal Skills and Spatial
Candidate can also take mock test available on official website . they need to log in using email id and password and then in your account you will have mock test option .
Second stage is AFSB – Air Force Selection Board interview :
Candidate who has attained minimum qualification will be called for second stage of afcat exam which is AFSB interview . Candidates who have applied for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will be called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centres. The AFSBcentres are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi(4 AFSB). Candidates who opted for flying branch can only select Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi .
The testing at AFSB consist of three main stages :
- Stage 1 : –Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion test will be conducted on the day 1. Stage-I test is a screening test an donly those who qualify common online afcat would undergo required testing. All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage 2 : – Psychological test is conducted after stage 1 test on same day in Afternoon and the Group Tests and Interview would imitate after document check for the next five days .
- Stage 3 for flying branch :– Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to recommended flying branch candidates only.Candidates who have already failed the CPSS/PABT in previous attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy is not considered to be eligible.
Preparation Strategy for afcat exam :
Since Afcat is one of the prestigious exams to be cracked . it is tough as well . exam is conducted twice in a year and hence candidate has two chances to live their dream . afcat first common online exam has to be cracked in order to go for ahead procedures . Nothing too hard , nothing to easy , its all about ones choice and determination . Once the common exam is cracked, candidate needs to prepare for second stage which is considered to be more hectic . anyhow with awareness and stability , and of course physical fitness one can run through it as well . keep calm and do well!.
AFCAT Exam Details 2019 Click Here
Download Admit Card Click Here
Official Website http://www.afcat.cdac.in/