CAT EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS
CAT exam is held every year for the students who want to persue their career in top MBA colleges. Through CAT examination the best students got selected and sent to the best MBA colleges in India. The competition is very high and the students have to stand out in the high competition. These colleges give the students various opportunities to grow their career by providing them internships and job placement. The Indian Institute of Management conduct the examination. Candidates can get all the information regarding the CAT examination by visiting the official website of the same. To crack the CAT examination, the candidates need to gain all the required information i.e., Examination pattern, weighted of the subjects, important topics regarding the examination. By knowing all the facts regarding the exam, the candidates will be able to decide how much time they should give to a particular subject, what topics should be more clear etc. Here, the candidates will be able to know the required information regarding the examination by going through the below information given in this article.Most probably, the examination will be held in November. CA examination contains three sections which carry 100 marks in total. The questions in all the sections are from different subjects.
DURATION OF THE CAT EXAMINATION 2019
The candidates will be provided 3 hours to get the question paper complete in all manner. No candidate will be provided extra time in order to complete the examination. The candidates must have to do practice to complete the examination in time otherwise the candidate will get failed to complete the examination in time.
MODE OF CAT EXAMINATION 2019
The computer based examination will be held by the authority for CAT. Candidates have to conduct the examination on the systems they will have provided by the authority.
MARKING IN CAT EXAMINATION 2019
There will be 100 questions to be solved by the candidates. Candidates will be provided 1 hour for each section and they need to complete three sections in 3 hours. Candidates will be given 3 marks for each right answer. The candidates have to face negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer given by the candidates. Candidates need to make sure about the answer while selecting an answer.
EXAMINATION PATTERN OF CAT EXAMINATION 2019
Candidates must know about the examination pattern in order to crack the examination. Here, the examination pattern is provided below:
- The first section in the examination is Quantitative Ability. The candidates will be provided 60 minutes to complete the examination. The provided section will contain 102 marks in total. The candidates have to solve total 34 questions in this section.
- The second section in the examination is Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. The candidates will be provided 60 minutes to complete the examination. The provided section will contain 102 marks in total. The candidates have to solve 34 questions in this section.
- The third section in the examination is Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. The candidates will be provided 60 minutes to complete the examination. The provided section will contain 96 marks in total. The candidates will have to solve 32 questions in this section.
The candidates will not be allowed to switch the sections during the examination. The candidates can only switch to the next section once they have done the first section.
TYPES OF QUESTIONS IN CAT EXAMINATION 2019
There are two types of questions which are provided to the candidates to solve i.e., subjective and objective. The candidates have to face both types of questions during the examination. Here, the candidates will get to know about the types of questions:
- In the section of Quantitative Ability, the candidates have to attend total 34 questions in which 27 questions are provided as MCQs.
- In the section of Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, the candidates have to attend total 34 questions in which 24 questions are provided as MCQs.
- In the section of Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, the candidates have to attend total 32 questions in which 24 questions are provided as MCQs.
SAMPLE PAPER FOR CAT EXAMINATION 2019
IIM has provided the sample papers for the candidates to do a good practice. If the candidates really want to crack the exam, they need to solve the sample paper in order to do good practice. The candidates have to do all efforts to crack the examination. Sample paper will include all the subject which are going to be held in the examination. Types of question will be the same with that of the exam. If the candidates solve the sample paper easily they will have the more chances to crack the examination. Candidates must focus on the area which is important for their exam.
DATE OF THE CAT EXAMINATION 2019
The examination of CAT is going to happen in November. So, the candidates do not have much time for preparation. The candidates have to utilize the remaining time.
ADMIT CARD OF CAT EXAMINATION 2019
Admit card is the most important formal document which is required at the time of entering the exam venue for the exam. No candidate will be allowed at the examination hall without a proper admit card provided by the authority. Admit card will be issued by the authority on the date near to the examination. The candidates will get to know about the examination roll number, exam venue, timing of the exam, instructions about the exam. The candidates have to read and understand the important instruction provided on the admit card. Candidates have to take their admit card on the exam premise with certain more document. Once the admit card has been issued by the authority, the candidates should not delay in downloading the admit card. The candidates should take print out of the same. Only hard copy of the same is allowed at the examination premise. The candidates should take care of the admit card as it should not be tort or destroyed by any way.
CAT Exam Details Click Here
Official Website Click Here