CEED 2020 @ www.ceed.iitb.a.in – Exam Date, Application Form, Registration, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus –
CEED 2020 – Application form for CEED 2020 has been started now. CEED stands for Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED). CEED Exam is conducted by IIT Bombay. CEED is a national level entrance examination, which is conducted for offering admission in various designing programmes. After short listing in CEED 2020 Entrance exam, candidates can take admission into several top designing IIT Institutions across India. CEED score is now accepted in many IIT institutions for M.Des and PHD programmes in India. CEED 2020 is an important online computer based entrance test conducted across India by IIT Bombay and is the gateway to PHD and M.Des 2020 at the most reputed IIT Colleges in India.
CEED 2020 Examination – Registration process has been started. Interested students may apply for CEED 2020 Exam Application Form 2020 through the CEED official website after matching their eligibility criteria from CEED Official Website.
Stay Tuned with us to know more about CEED 2020 Application Form, CEED 2020 Exam Registration Open, CEED Exam 2020, CEED 2020 Registration form, CEED 2020 Examination Scheduling, CEED 2020 Exam Dates, CEED 2020 Admission for Designing, Direct Link for CEED Exam 2020, CEED 2020 Exam Pattern, CEED 2020 Registration Process, Eligibility Criteria for CEED 2020 Entrance Exam, Syllabus for CEED 2020 Exam, Application fee for CEED Entrance Exam 2020, CEED 2020 – Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, CEED Entrance Exam 2020 and so on.
CEED 2020 Examination –
CEED 2020 is a joint exam to be conducted with an objective to provide M.Des and Ph.D Admissions in various IITs and IISc. IIT Bombay basically organise this exam at national level. All the aspiring candidates needs to fill the application form 9th October 2019.
In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding the CEED 2020 exam details such as exam syllabus, exam pattern, exam preparation tips, exam result, exam score card, exam cut off. CEED 2020 Exam will be held at around 21 cities across India. stay tuned with the article for more vital details.
CEED 2020 Exam – Important Dates
|S. No.||Important Events||Starting Dates|
|1||Starting Date for Online Registration||9th October 2019|
|2||Last date to apply for CEED Exam||9th November 2019|
|3||Late date for online Registration with late fees||10th to 16th November 2019|
|4||CEED 2020 Exam Admit Card releasing Date||1st January 2019|
|5||Last date for CEED Exam Admit Card download||Tentatively 10 days after releasing the exam admit card|
|6||CEED 2020 Exam Date||18th January 2020|
|7||Releasing date for draft answer key||21st January 2020|
|8||Objections for draft answer key for part A can be sent till the date||27th January 2020|
|9||The releasing date of the final answer key for part A||4th February 2020|
Note – all the CEED 2020 Exam aspirants are suggested to keep in touch with the CEED official website to get latest updates.
CEED 2020 Entrance Test – Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates are suggested to go through the eligibility criteria first before going to apply for CEED Application Form because only eligible candidates will be allowed for appearing in the CEED 2020 Examination. Candidate will be disqualified for the further process if found ineligible. Here we have mentioned CEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria in the below section –
- Candidates should have a bachelors’ degree/ diploma/ PG Degree of 4 years duration or 3 + 4 years after 12th.
- Aspirants having passed the GD arts diploma (10+5) can also apply.
- The candidates who will appear in the final year exam of qualifying degree can also apply.
Age Limit –
- According to the CEED official website there is no decided age limit to apply.
Please Note – if candidate wants to know more information about academic qualifications then he/ she has to visit the official website of CEED.
Application Fee for CEED 2020 Exam Application Form –
The mode of Payment will be through Online mode by using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ or other net baking sites. After made a successful payment, the candidate will receive an email with the application number and password. Applicants will be able to login through their credentials to fill the application form of IBSAT 2019 in online mode. Here we have mentioned application amount for CEED 2020 given below –
- For Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD candidates – Rs. 1100/- + GST
- For all other candidates – Rs. 2200/- + GST
CEED 2020 Entrance Test – Exam Pattern –
Exam Pattern for Part A –
- Mode of Exam – CEED 2020 Exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based exam)
- Type of Questions – Exam will be objective type or Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)
- The CEED Exam will be divided into two parts. Part A and Part B.
- The answer sheet of Part B checked only if candidate clears the part A exam.
- Part A will consist of 3 sections.
- Marks – Part A will be for 100 marks.
- Exam paper will be English Language.
- Time Duration – time duration will be of 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- Weightage of marks – 25% weightag of marks in Part A
|S. No.||Section||Number of Questions||No. of Question||Maximum marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Time Duration|
|1||NAT||10||1 – 10||3||0||30|
|2||MSQ||10||11 – 20||2||0||20|
|3||MCQ||25||21 – 45||2||– 0.6||50|
|Total||45||1 – 45||–||–||100|
Part B Exam Pattern –
- Mode of Exam – CEED 2020 Exam will be conducted through offline mode (Drawing Based Exam)
- Type of Questions – the exam paper will consist drawing based questions.
- Marks – the question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Weightage of marks – 75% weightag of marks in Part B
- The answer sheet of Part B checked only if candidate clears the part A exam.
- Exam paper will be in English language.
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Question no.||Total Marks|
|1||Discipline Specific Question||5 (answer any one)||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
CEED 2020 Part A Exam Syllabus –
Environmental and Social Awareness Syllabus –
questions from General Awareness of Environmental factors such as climate, nature resources, etc. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design etc. Implications on the design of infrastructure, products, images and environment.
Language and Creativity Syllabus –
Question will test candidates, ability to understand passages in commonly uned English Languages. Ability to distinguish innovative option, ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives and think out of the box.
Visualization and Spatial Ability Syllabus –
Questions will be asked from this section will be based on Pictorial or Diagrammatic questions to assess the understanding of transformation or manipulation of 2D and 3D objects and their spatial relationship.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning –
This section will be basically based on candidates’ ability to describe information which will be given logically and select the most accurate solutions. This test will be to test candidates’ logical and structural ability to think to deduce from a short passage with a number of statements in the most absolute to a posed question.
Design Thinking and Problem Solving Syllabus –
In this particular section questions will be based on candidate’s ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and choose the most accurate solution for a given design problem.
Observation and Design Sensitivity Syllabus –
This section will be based on Candidates ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them.
Exam Pattern for Part B Exam –
In this section candidates’ ability to draw products, composition, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, perspective and shading will be checked.
Creativity syllabus –
The candidate’s ability to think out of the box/ syllabus and come up with diverse as well as something unique solution will be seen in this section.
Problem Identification Skills Syllabus –
In this particular section the students knowledge of appropriate use in design and ability, properties of material and process, understanding of the user and context, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots, stories, etc. Will be asked.
Communication Skills –
This section will be based on candidate’s personality. Candidates ability to communicate idea and concepts clearly using text visuals will be checked.
Participating Institutions in CEED 2020 Exam –
There are a lot of colleges or institutions including many top IIT colleges who will accept CEED 2020 Exam Score. Some of the top IIT colleges are mentioned below –
- IISc Bangalore – A Centre for product designing and manufacturing
- IIT Bombay – An IDC school of design (Industrial Design Centre)
- IIT Delhi – A Department of Design
- IIT Guwahati – A Department of Design
- IIT Hyderabad – A Department of Design
- II Kanpur – A Design Programme
- IITDM Jabalour – A Design Discipline
Exam Centres allocated for CEED Exam 2020 –
CEED 2020 Exam by IIT Bombay will be conducted at about 24 centres India. The Exam centres will be allocated to the candidates according to their time of registration/ or candidates can choose their exam centres according to their priority. The Candidate, who will fill his or her application form soonest, will be allocated nearest exam centre and just opposite will happen with the candidate who will fill his or her application form late. Here, we have mentioned a list of national exam centres which will be allotted to the contenders-
|S. No.||Exam Centres||Exam Centres|
CEED 2020 Exam Admit Card –
CEED 2020 Exam Admit Card will be provided to all the candidates who have registered successfully for CEED 2020 Entrance Test. CEED Exam 2020 Admit Card will be released on CEED Official Website estimated a week prior to the Exam. After releasing, all the candidates have to visit the official website to download their admit card. Details mentioned on admit card are mentioned below –
- Name of organisation
- Name of Exam
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Email ID
- Venue of exam
- Time duration
- Date of exam
- Subjects name
- Aspirant’s photograph
- Aspirant’s signature
- Important instructions
General Instructions for all Candidates going to Appear for CEED 2020 Exam –
A- All the candidates are suggested to download their admit cards before going to examination.
B- The Candidate must follow all the instructions given in the Admit Card.
C- All the aspirants are required to bring any one among these following documents in exam-
* Admit Card
* Any another Id Proof such as aadhar card, voter ID card, any photograph etc.
* All the Candidate has to go through Biometric Attendance and metal Detector for frisking at examination centre.
* Candidate should not bring any banned items such as electric items etc.
* Aspirant who are willing to change details printed on Admit Card must fill correction form.
* Related any query about Admit Card, Applicant can email to CEED Official Email Id ( mentioned above)
CEED 2020 Examination Result –
CEED 2020 Exam Result will be announced on CEED official website www.ceed.iitb.a.in after the examination. Candidates have to visit the official website to download their scorecard after declaration of CEED 2020 Result. Candidates clearing CEED Cut off will be called for further selection rounds. Therefore, all the candidates are suggested to keep in touch with the CEED official website to get latest updates regarding Exam, Result and much more.
Preparation Tips for CEED 2020 Exam –
CEED Exam 2020 is all India level entrance exam as mentioned above. So, all the candidates are advises to work hard to crack this CEED Entrance Test. Here, we have mentioned some preparation tips for students mentioned below –
- Candidates should clear the basic concepts for Visual Communications and Interaction design. Try to acquire knowledge as much as you can.
- For English Section, candidates are suggested to read the English newspaper to clear the concepts of grammar
- Candidates should give multiple times revision on regular basics
- Solve previous years question papers to take an idea about the exam format
- Improve vocabulary through English articles
- Always keep 3D preparation in your mind while participating drawing.
- Stay focused and healthy
Final words –
Our team wishes all the very best for the bright future of all the aspirants. We hope that the upper mentioned information will be helpful for all the appearing candidates in examination. To get more detailed and exact information regarding CEED 2020 visit the official website.