CLAT application form 2020 ( common law admission test )
CLAT application form notification 2020 :
CLAT application form 2020 has been released. CLAT online form 2020 has been out. NLU ( National law university ) has released a latest notification for the CLAT application form 2020. All the candidates whoa re interested to study law can fill this application form. Here in this post we are going to discuss about all the important information about the latest application form. Candidates have to read this post carefully before applying the CLAT exam. All the eligibility criteria and the other important information about the latest CLAT application form will be as given below. So all the eligible candidates can apply for this exam.
- Organizing Institute: NLU
- Level of the Exam: National level Entrance Test
- Courses Offered: LLB, BBA LLB, LLM
- Timings of the Exam: 03:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Mode of the Exam: Offline (Pen-paper based test)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Type Questions
- Number of Questions: 150
- Number of Participating Institutes: 21 NLUs and over 25 Private Law School.
About CLAT 2020 :
This is one of the biggest law entrance test in India for the candidates who want to study accriss india can attend this exam. There are 21 colleges participating in this entrance test. The list of college will be given below.
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Ghandal, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
Common law admission test eligibility criteria :
- Educational qualifications :
- UG candidates:
Candidates who have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the following marks can apply for this application form.
- The Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP)/NRI/NRI sponsored categories of candidates who have completed thwir 12 with about 45% of marks can apply.
- And for the SC,ST candidates who have completed with 40% can apply for this application form.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Post-Graduate Program (One Year LLM Course) :
- Candidates must be completed LLB or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of Fifty Five percent (55%) marks if the candjdates belongs to Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories.
- And Fifty percent (50%) in case of candidate belong to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are attending 12th class examination in April / May 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Age limit :
Age limit for the candidates will be as for given below. All the candidates who are going to apply should satisfy the following age criteria.
- For unreserved, OBC and SAP candidates – 20 years.
- For SC and ST candidates – 22 years.
- Relaxation will be provided based on the government rules.
CLAT exam pattern 2020 :
- For UG Courses
It is a computer-based online exam which consists of 5 sections for which cabdudates will be provided 2 hours as total exam time. Negative marking are available For each incorrect answer 1/4 of the marks will be reduced.
- English using Comprehension – 40 No. of Questions & 40 Marks
- General Knowledge /Current Affairs – 50 No. of Questions & 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics – 20 No. of Questions & 20 Marks
- Legal Aptitude – 50 No. of Questions & 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning – 40 No. of Questions & 40 Marks
- For PG Courses
There are three sections in this question paper. They are Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and also some Other Law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, Family Law, Property Law, IPR, International Law etc. Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the exam and
- Constitutional Law – 50 No. of Questions & 50 Max Marks
- Jurisprudence – 50 No. of Questions & 50 Max Marks
- Other Law subjects – 50 No. of Questions & 50 Max Marks
- Duration of the Test: 2 hours
There are total 150 Multiple Choice Question. For every correct answer, candidate will be awarded 1 mark and 1/4th mark will be reduced for every wrong answer
How to apply for CLAT application form 2020 :
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the CLAT.
- After that candidates have to look for the Link to fill the online application form.
- While clicking the link candidates have to first register for into the official website.
- After the registration process is done candidates have to click on apply now button for filling the online application form.
- Candidates have to fill all the fields available in the online application form.
- After that candidates have to upload all the required documents.
- And now the candidates have to fill the application fee.
- After the payment is completely done candidates can once preview the application form and submit it.
- Candidates have to download the application form and finally logout from the application form.
CLAT exam application fee 2020 :
Application fee for the candidates will be as given below. So the candidates have to pay the application while they are willing the application form.
- Application Fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4000/-
- Application Fee for SC/ST/BPL category Candidates: Rs.3500/-
Common law admission test application fee payment mode :
Candidates have to pay the application fee through
- Candidates can pay the fee through credit card/ debit card/net banking.
CLAT application important documents :
- Recent passport size photograph with plain background.
- Signature of the candidate.
- Category certificate if the applicant belong to SC/ST/OBC.
- Candidates have to submit the PWD certificate if candidates elongs to PWD category.
- Residence certificate of the candidate.
NLU CLAT exam important dates 2020 :
- Release of the official Notification -1st week of January 2020
- Starting date for filling the Online Application Form: 2nd week of January 2020
- Last Date for Submitting the Online Application Form: 4th week of March 2020
- CLAT Admit Card 2020 Download: Last week of April 2020
- Date of CLAT 2019 Test (Offline Mode): 2nd week of May 2020 (Saturday, 03.00 PM to 05.00 PM)
- Publication of Official Answer Key: 03rd week of May 2020
- CLAT Result 2019: Last week of May 2020
CLAT official website :
- Official website : www.clat.ac.in