Today current affairs
Current affairs are an important part of preparation for any of the government job exam along with English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. One has to be aware of current events occurring in our surroundings.
Important currents affairs of 15th June 2019 are as follows-
- Defence exchange programme– a group of 160 defence officers and their families reached Colombo on 15 June 2019.
- The visit is a part of high level defence co-operation between the two neighbours and to show solidarity with Srilanka after Easter Sunday attacks.
- New system for research journals launched– the university grant commission (UGC) has launched a consortium of Academic and Research Ethics (CARE).
- The new list of approved journals will be available on new website https://ugcare.unipune.ac.in.
- NASA OSIRIS-Rex spacecraft entered its second record orbital phase around asteroid Bennu, called orbital B.
- The space craft is on a seven year journey.
- Government to sign MoU for 300 Gaushalas- MP Govt. is set to sign a MoU with a company that has promised to build 300 gaushalas over the next 5 years.
- The company will not charge money from the govt. but will make money by exporting gobar, and the stiff hairs on a cows tail.
- The company has sought 50 acres of the land and will spend Rs 11 crore on each of them.
- Shikha Sharma as Tech Mahindra Director– Tech Mahindra has proposed appointment of former Axis bank CEO &Co partner Haigreve Khaitan as independent directors.
- They will hold office for a term of 5 consecutive years each commencing from August 1, 2019.
- CBDT issued new norms- the central board of direct taxes issued new norms for compounding of offences on 14 June 2019.
- The new guidelines have exclusion provisions under which offences under the black money and imposition of act 2015 cannot be compounded into normal cases.
- This involves money laundering cases.
- Women leading chandrayan 2 team- first time ISRO has 2 women project directors- Ritu Karidhal and Muthayya Vanitha for its inter- planetary mission Chandrayan 2.
- It is all set to launch on july 15 2019.
- The project cost around Rs. 1000 crore with the involvement of close to 600 industries.
- Assam transport minister launched app– assam transport minister Chandra Mohan Patowary launched the state transport corporation’s Chalo app for guwahati on 14 june 2019.
- This app helps to know about live arrival time of their buses.
- DG to join hands with Cisco and Accenture- Directorate general of training joined hands with cisco and Accenture to skill youth for the digital economy, through its industrial training institutes.
- Cisco will also provide access to networking Academy courses directly to ITI students across the country.
- Akshay Patra gets BBC award– the award is presented at the BBC Food and Farmig awards in Bristol, London.
- 20th Anniversary of Kargil victory- the year 2019 marks the 20th anniversary of victory in ‘ Operation VIJAY’.
- This year it is celebrated with the theme ‘REMEMBER, REJOICE and RENEW’.