GPAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021
GPAT is Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude test. GPAT is a national level exam conducted by National Testing agency this year, in order to give admission to candidate to the post graduate program of Pharmacy. Candidate can apply online for the exam on the official website of NTA. GPAT helps candidate secure their careers path by getting a post graduate degree in pharmacy itself. In this article we will be discussing about the exam pattern of GPAT exam and the syllabus of GPAT exam. Moreover we will be also be checking the list of books beneficial for preparing for GPAT exam and the preparation strategy that has worked for many.
Exam Pattern of GPAT exam 2021 :-
GPAT exam is conducted once in a year. It’s a national level exam, open for all candidate in the country who has done their graduation in Pharmacy. Candidate who aspire to get into M. Pharmacy admission needs to appear for GPAT exam 2021. Given below is the detailed structure of exam pattern for GPAT exam 2021 :-
The GPAT exam is objective type answer. Candidate has to choose the right answer from among the options given. Its an online exam. Other details are mentioned below for GPAT exam regarding the marking scheme of GPAT :-
- For every right answer in the GPAT, candidate will be awarded with 4 marks in MCQ question paper.
- For every wrong answer in the GPAT, candidate 1 mark will be deducted in MCQ question paper.
- The total duration of GPAT exam is of 3 hours.
- The questions in the GPAT paper mostly consist of the subject those were studies during the graduation year.
- For every unattempted question, there is neither negative nor positive marks allotted.
- The paper will be conducted in English medium
- Candidate will be given a total of 3 hours to complete the paper.
- Total questions that will be asked during the GPAT exam is of 125 marks
Candidate can go through the previous year question paper in order to understand and gain clarity regarding the exam pattern and the type of questions asked.
National Testing agency, who is going to conduct the GPAT paper this year will be releasing the mock test of GPAT exam for all the aspiring candidate. It will provide candidate with the same interface as that of actual exam on exam day. Candidate can thus give this mock and understand in which sector they are lacking and then practice over the same. By doing this, candidate start getting the confidence and can thus score more in the real exam. Mock test for GPAT exam will be available on the NTA website itself. Candidate can follow the steps given below in order to attend the mock test given by NTA :-
- Candidate need to visit the official website of NTA
- Candidate will see on right side of NTA website, an option of choose their exam
- From the submenu , candidate can select GPAT exam and can log in.
- Candidate will be asked to enter the credentials, but don’t enter anything and directly click on log in option.
- Candidate can thus now see that mock test, as same with the original GPAT exam has started.
- Candidate can attend the mock test as the exam pattern and marking scheme followed in mock test released by NTA will be same as original’
Syllabus for GPAT exam 2021 :-
In order to give any exam, candidate must be well prepared with the syllabus. According to the syllabus, candidate can start with their GPAT exam preparation. We will be thus discussing about the syllabus of GPAT exam in detail :
Basically GPAT is a MCQ exam. The questions asked in the exam is mostly from the graduate level subjects. But however candidate needs to be well versed with all its graduate subject in Pharmacy. Candidate needs to not just learn but understand the concept in detail, because at the end of the day, in the what matters is the concept of every basic and advance topic. The GPAT test actually test the candidate on the application level of graduate subjects and just not on the memorization of concepts.
Candidate can prefer various good books available in the market which has set of previous year question paper. Candidate can thus solve all the previous year question paper and also self analyze the weaker section and work on them. Given below is the brief overview of exam syllabus for GPAT exam :
Physical chemistry Subject :-
- Composition & physical states of matter
- Refractive index
- Colligative Properties
- Ionic equilibrium
Physical Pharmacy Subject :-
- Matter, properties of matter
- Micromeritics and powder rheology
- Viscosity and rheology
- Surface and interfacial phenomenon
- Dispersion systems
Organic Chemistry Subject :-
- Different classes of compounds
- General principles
- Aromaticity & chemistry of aromatic compounds
- Protection & deprotection of groups
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Different aromatic classes of compounds
- Carbonyl Chemistry
- Bridged rings
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Kinetic & thermodynamic control
- Amino acids & proteins
- Pericyclic reactions
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Subject :-
- Pharmaceutical Impurities
- Dentifrices, desensitizing agents, &anticaries agents
- Therapeutic classes of drugs
- Various classes of therapeutic agents
- Different classes of therapeutic drugs
Pharmaceutical Subject :-
- Introduction to dosage form
- Pharmacy Profession & Introduction to Pharmaceuticals
- Sources of drug information
- Crude extract
- Allopathic dosage form
- Allergenic extract
- Pharmaceutical Plant, location, layout
- Biological products
- Dosage Form Necessities and Additives
- Parenterals – product requiring sterile packaging
- Liquids(solutions, syrups, elixirs, spirits, aromatic water, liquid for external uses)
- Ophthalmic preparations
- Pharmaceutical Aerosols
- Stability of formulated products
- Novel Drug delivery system
- GMP and Validation
- Prolonged Action Pharmaceuticals
Candidate can go through these subjects and brush up their concepts. Giving mock would perhaps help more to candidate to maximize their score in main GPAT exam. Candidate can thus apply for various M Phar college in India with GPAT score .
Official website – Click Here
Latest Jobs – Click Here