NEET 2020 Results:
National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting, 2020 NEET UG examination on the 5th of May, 2020. The exam will be conducted in 150 cities all over India. The results will be declared on 5 June, 2020. The results will be available on the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in
The results will only be available on the official websites. Results will not be individually sent to the candidate. Applicants can download their scorecard by entering their Registration ID and Date of Birth.
The minimum cuff out marks required to qualify the NEET UG 2020 examination will be 50% and 40% for General and Reserved category respectively.
NEET Answer Key 2020:
The candidate will be able to download their OMR sheets and answer key from the official website nta.ac.in, before the results declaration day. The NEET UG 2020 exam, scorecard will contain the ‘All India Rank’, sectional and overall marks and percentage of the candidate. The merit list will not be prepared category wise, it will be prepare as per the guidelines of DGHS, DCI and MCI. The counseling round will take place after the declaration of results.
NEET 2020 Results:
This year, there is up to 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS up for grabs in dental and medical colleges all over India. According to the results of last year 56.27% of 12, 62,922, who appeared for the NEET 2018 exam qualified by obtaining the minimum cut off marks.
How to Check NEET 2020 Result:
The provision of re-evaluations is not there. So, the candidate can’t scrutinize, review their answer sheets. The score of NEET 2020 exam will remain valid for 3 years. According to a notification in an official gazette by The Medical Council of India has announced that the score of NEET UG 2020 will be valid for 3 years from the day of declaration of results.
Steps to download the Results of NEET 2020:
- Visit the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in
- Click on ‘NEET 2020 Results’.
- Enter the details required to download the results.
- Enter your Roll no. and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit
- The NEET 2020 results will flash on screen
- Download the result and take a print out.
The NEET 2020 score card will look like this:
What is the marking scheme of NEET?
- There are total 180 multiple choice questions.
- The question paper is of a total 720 marks.
- The exam will be held on three subjects, namely: Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology and Botany).
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Biology (Zoology and Botany)||90|
- 4 marks will be rewarded, for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer as a penalty.
- No marks will be deducted in case of any question left un-answered.
- No marks will be added or deducted in case of any question answered with more than one option.
How to calculate NEET score?
- Candidate can easily download the answer key of NEET 2020 from their official website, i.e. nta.ac.in.
- The answer will be available on the official website much before the result declaration day.
- Candidates can download the answer key beforehand. The answer key will help them to assess the marks obtain in the exam. Later, when results are declared, the candidate can tally their marks with the help of the answer key.
- There will be a different percentage for different category. Candidates have to score the minimum percentage, in order to qualify the NEET. Following is the expected qualifying percentage for NEET 2020, category wise:
|Category||Percentile||Qualifying Marks out of 720|
|General (Physically Handicapped)||45||324|
|SC, ST, OBC (Physically Handicapped)||40||288|
The Merit list of NEET 2020:
The merit list of NEET 2020 will be prepared by its first time conducting body NTA. The Merit list will be prepared after the declaration of the results, as per the guidelines of Supreme Court of India, DCI, MCI and DGHS.
- NEET 2020 Merit list will be prepared based on the seats under 15% All India Quota.
- Only a generalized Merit list will be declared and no category wise Merit list will be declared by NTA. A centralized Merit list will be declared for all qualified candidates of NEET 2020 irrespective of their category.
- A state wise Merit list will be prepared on basis of All India Rank and category of the candidate. The Merit list will be prepared following the NEET Reservation Policy.
- The Merit list will be prepared according to the seats available in MBBS/BDS course under 15% All India Quota. So the total number of candidates in the Merit list is equal to the no. of seats allotted in the MBBS/BDS courses.
- A waiting list of the candidates will be prepared after the Merit list. The waiting list will be more than the number of seats allotted under 15% All India Quota.
What is the tie breaker, in case two or more candidate scores same marks?
If two more candidates score same marks in NEET 2020 then the following things will be taken into consideration as a tie breaker:
- Whoever has scored higher marks in Biology will be preferred.
- If the tie still persevere then, whoever has scored higher in Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still perseveres then, the candidate who has more correct answers will be considered.
- Then also if the tie still perseveres, whoever is elder will be taken into consideration.
Expected Cut-off of NEET 2020:
- The cut- off is prepared, keeping three factors:
- Total no. of candidates appearing in the exam
- The level of difficulty of the exam.
- Total number of seats allotted.
- NEET release two cut-off score according to the quota. There is a cut-off score for State Level Quota and a different cut-off score for All India Quota.
The overall cut-off of NEET 2020:
|Category||Passing Marks Out of 720||Score Range||Total no. of Candidates|
|General||360||685 – 145||171329|
|OBC||288||678 – 118||175226|
|SC||288||595 – 118||47183|
|ST||288||599 – 118||15710|
|General(PH)||324||474 – 131||437|
|OBC (PH)||288||510 – 118||597|
|SC(PH)||288||415 – 118||143|
|ST(PH)||288||339 – 118||36|