UPSC CDS syllabus & exam pattern 2020 (Union public service commission )
UPSC CDS exam 2020 :
UPSC is shortly going to conduct the exam for combined defence services 2020. It is really a good news for the candidates who have applied for these notification and for the candidates who are willing to work in defence services. All the candidates who want to prepare for the UPSC CDS exam 2020 can get the information about the syllabus and the exam pattern write in this post. So the people who are confused with what to read for the exam can take the syllabus from this posts and prepare for the upcoming exam. Here we are going to discuss about the syllabus and the exam pattern. All the candidates are supposed to read this read this post for getting a clear idea about the UPSC CDS exam 2020.
Combined defence services exam pattern 2020 :
UPSC CDS exam will be conducted through offline mode. Negative marking for each wrong answer. Candidates will loose 1/3rd marks for each incorrect answer. The exam pattern for the combined defence services will be as follows.
- Exam pattern for IMA, INA and IAFA :
- Candidates have to attend three papers for Indian military, navy and airforce.
- The three papers are english, general knowledge and mathematics.
- English and general knowledge consists of 120 questions and it will be conducted for 2 hours.
- Where as mathematics paper will contains of 100 questions and that will be conducted for 2hours.
- General knowledge and the mathematics papers will be on two languages (English and hindi ).
- Exam pattern for OTA :
- Coming to OTA candidates have to attend two papers general knowledge and english.
- Each paper will contains 120 question and will be time for writing the each paper will be 2 hours.
- Negative marking will be same that is 1/3 rd marks will be reduced for each incorrect answers.
UPSC CDS exam syllabus 2020 :
- English: Reading comprehension, Jumbled sentences, Fill in the blanks, Sentence correction and Finding errors and omissions.
- General Knowledge: Current Affairs of last 6 months, Indian Economy, Indian Politics, History, Geography, Sports, Banking sector, Awards & Honors Sports, Finance, Agriculture, Books & their Authors and RBI Functions & Policies etc.
- Mathematics : (Arithmetic)
- Number System: Natural numbers, Fundamental operations, Ratio and Proportion, profit and loss, applications to simple and compound interest, percentages, time and work, time and distance, Unitary method, Decimal fractions, Square roots, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Rational and Real numbers, Integers and Variation.
- Elementary Number Theory: Multiples and factors, Factorization Theorem, Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11, H.C.F. and L.C.M, Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, Use of logarithmic tables, Prime and composite numbers, Laws of logarithms and Division algorithm.
- Geometry: Plane and plane figures, Lines and angles, Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, Loci, Sides and diagonals of square, rectangle and parallelogram.
- Trigonometry: Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°, simple trigonometric identities, use of trigonometric tables and simple cases of heights and distances
- Algebra: Set and set notation, Laws of indices, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations, Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions, Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions, relation between its roots and coefficients, solutions of quadratic equations, theory of polynomials, Remainder Theorem, Basic Operations, simple factors, H.C.F., L.C.M etc.
- Statistics: collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, measures of central tendency, histograms, pie charts, bar charts etc.
- Mensuration: Areas of squares, surface area and volume of spheres, rectangles and parallelograms, circle, triangle, Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders.
UPSC CDS Admit Card Download Click Here
Recruitment Details Click Here